Put here your Shipping & Returns information.
Shipping services and prices
All shipping prices include insurance.
Shipping prices for framed pictures, sculptures, glass or fragile/big/heavy/unusual objects do not include packing costs, which may be charged extra. This information will be stated in the web shop dialogue for your shipping charges, and we will email you about any extra packing costs before processing your payment for the purchased goods. So you can change your mind at that point.
The prices below exclude any item that involves extra shipping or packing costs.
|Goods total price||Type of insured shipping service||Price
|Up to £8.99||Royal Mail 2nd class Signed For||£1.00
|Up to £49.99||Royal Mail 2nd class Signed For||£4.00
|£50 to £599.99||Choose between: 1. Courier 48-hour service, delivered 9-5 Mon-Fri or out-of-hours
2. Courier 48-hour service, delivereda) before 9 a.m. Mon-Fri, or
b) after 5p.m. Mon-Fri, or
c) before 12 noon, weekends, or
d) after 12 noon, weekends||£6.95
|from £600||Your choice from the above||FREE
Good total price
Type of insured shipping service
Price of insured shipping
up to £249.99
Royal Mail 4 WORKING DAYS
US, Canada & Australia delivery
Good total price
Type of insured shipping service
Price of insured shipping
up to £249.99 Air Mail 6 WORKING DAYS
from £250 to £499.99
over £500 As above
Our shipping policy: hassle-free delivery of your artwork
Shipping works of art is a minefield. We learned this even before a 5ft., fine-art canvas print worth £1,000 was delivered to us in a strong wooden box
marked in large red letters “THIS WAY UP! DO NOT LIE FLAT!”. But it had obviously been laid flat and walked on. How did we know? The clues were
three footprints on one flat side, and a hole in the crate coinciding with the footprint nearest the middle… and that was from a so-called leading firm of
So now we have this policy:
* We try to provide a quality, fully insured service that will protect your work of art in transit to you. Anything else is pointless. Full insurance is
included in our shipping prices on goods worth more than £20.
* And we require a signature to confirm the goods were delivered safely to you when you could receive them, so that you were happy when you
received and inspected your new work(s) of art.
* After that, we want shipping to be as cost-effective as possible for you. We try to keep our shipping prices as low as we can, consistent with you
getting a hassle-free delivery. There are some cheap shippers we just will NOT use. So while our shipping prices are unlikely to be the lowest, they
should never be the highest either.
Important points on shipping
Shipping prices policy
* The shipping prices we quote on our website are always average prices and subject to quotation if the cost will be greater.
* If shipping your purchase will cost significantly less than the cost we quote, we will refund the difference to you.
* To protect you, if the cost quoted to you is insufficient, we will contact you to approve the extra shipping cost before taking your payment for the
goods, even though you will already have approved the purchase by pressing the CONFIRM ORDER button.
* Prices assume most pictures will be rolled for transport.
* Free shipping
Shipping is free to UK destinations for all purchases over £599 unless otherwise specified (see Special shipping below).
* Special shipping
Sculptures and framed pictures (especially framed pictures with glass) may have to be despatched in specially built crates or by special courier for
safe, insured delivery. If so, we will quote you a price for sending glass and/or building the crate.
As previously stated, for your protection and peace of mind we endeavour to send all deliveries worth £20 or more by a fully insured, signed-for
service which is included in the shipping price we quote you. Insurance is usually for the full retail value of your purchase. We will not ship uninsured
* Shipping despatch and delivery times
* Shipping cut-off times
* Our working days when we receive orders to be despatched are Monday-Friday, 9a.m.-5p.m., but the cut-off for shipping on any working day is for
orders placed, accepted and in stock before 12 noon.
* Orders placed, accepted and in stock from 12 noon or at weekends will be shipped on the next working day.
* Delivery times in the UK – weekdays 9-5, or you choose!
* Orders are delivered on weekdays, approximately from 9a.m.-5p.m., by leading couriers or Royal Mail – or you can choose other times more
convenient to you (see Out-of-hours deliveries – you choose).
* Out-of-hours deliveries – you choose: Our UK 48-hour service can allow you to ask to recive your deliveries before 9 a.m., or after 5p.m., or at
weekends. You will see these options in the shopping cart when placing your order.
* Delivery times to Europe, USA and the rest of the world
* Europe: approximately four days from despatch. Orders are delivered on weekdays, from 9a.m.-5p.m., by leading couriers or the postal service.
* Outside Europe: approximately six days from despatch. Orders are delivered on weekdays, from 9a.m.-5p.m., by leading air couriers or postal air
* Rapid delivery
Urgent or special delivery arrangements can be specially made; these may incur extra charges.
Easy shopping and searching
Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our store, and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping cart.
If you register with us, you can leave our site without losing the contents of your shopping cart or your wish list (see Cookies).
We have provided five ways for you to search for art works – by:
* artists name
* key words (linked to our description of the work)
* type of work (e.g., original painting, print, poster, photo, sculpture)
* gallery – indicating the theme of the work e.g.
* Living Things, or
* Land, Sea & Sky
After you have finished your selection, click on "checkout" and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
We have done everything we can to secure your online transaction with us –
* Credit card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text
on any web site.
* When you enter your credit card details on our website, you are actually for that moment on the secure servers of Sage Pay, one of the largest
independent payment service provider in the UK.
* The funds are transferred by Bank of Scotland, one of biggest mainstream banks in Britain and credit card payment processors and the leading
payment processor for mainstream commercial UK art galleries.
We accept credit and debit card payment from Visa, Mastercard, Switch, Maestro and Solo cards. As well as via the Web, you may also send your
credit card information via phone, fax or snail mail.
Shopping from outside the U.K.
We are a British business in the United Kingdom (UK / Great Britain) and our prices are always quoted in BRITISH POUNDS (UK POUNDS or
POUNDS STERLING or just STERLING), the symbol for which is ...£
NOTE: British shops do not make daily use of the EURO currency, even though Britain is a member of the European Union (EU), for which the EURO
is the currency – symbol €.
* Currency conversion
If you are shopping from North America, the EU or anywhere else outside the UK, place your order in our webshop and your credit card company will
convert your payment to BRITISH POUNDS from your own currency, whether that is US Dollars, EUROS or another currency.
The price you see when you receive your card statement will be in your own currency.
* List of EU Countries at February, 2007
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania,
Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
To see if this list has changed, please go to http://www.eurunion.org/states/offices.htm
* Tax-free shopping
Tax-free shopping – when the price on our site is free of VAT/sales tax
(Note: VAT = Value Added Tax and is a tax on the sale price of goods)
* If you view our website
FROM THE UK or an EU country and ...
* if the goods you buy are to be shipped
TO THE UK OR ANOTHER EU country
You will see marked prices that INCLUDE VAT/SALES TAX which must be paid on most items (but books and magazines are exempt from VAT in
* If the goods are to be shipped
OUTSIDE THE EU
You will see marked prices that include: NO VAT/SALES TAX and you will not have to pay any VAT/sales tax
* If you view the website
FROM OUTSIDE THE EU and ...
* If the goods are to be shipped
OUTSIDE THE EU
You will see marked prices that include: NO VAT/SALES TAX and you will not have to pay any VAT/ sales tax
* b) if the goods you buy are to be shipped
TO THE UK OR ANOTHER EU COUNTRY
You will see marked prices that INCLUDE VAT/SALES TAX that must be paid on most items (but books and magazines are exempt from VAT in
* VAT rules – explanation
NOTE: also see Shopping from outside the U.K.
VAT/sales tax of 20% is included in the price of goods destined for a UK/EU address, wherever in the world you access our website to purchase
them, and is not included if the goods are to be shipped outside the UK/EU.
The price in the website changes between charging or not charging the tax depending on whether the website knows you are inside/outside the
UK/EU and whether it knows the goods are being shipped to an address inside/outside the UK/EU (see Tax-free shopping – the price you see on
our site, and when the price includes VAT/sales tax above). The only exceptions to the 20% rate of VAT/sales tax on our website are art works or
other goods supplied to us on consignment (also known as "sale-or-return") by non-VAT-registered artists/suppliers, in which case 20% VAT/sales
tax is still charged, but only on the proportion of the price payable to Artists Harbour (the proportion varies depending on our arrangements with
different artists and on different artworks). This variation can reduce the rate of VAT/sales tax as a proportion of the total price to as low as 5.5%.
When we take payment
Although you may give us your credit card/payment details earlier, we do not take payment for any item until it is ready to ship, except as outlined
below (see Special items & made-to-order art works).
If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will be emailed with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Back-ordered items are not charged to your card until they are ready to be shipped to you, unless it is a special item (see Special items & made-
to-order art works.
Confirmation & acceptance of your order; contract
We will send you a CONFIRMATION OF ORDER message to indicate that we have received your order. This confirmation does not indicate that a
contract exists between us.
We will indicate ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR ORDER when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in case –
* a mistake has been made in pricing, and/or
* we have inadvertently under-priced goods, and/or
* software problems result in incorrect pricing on our web site, and/or
* we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason.
In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the new price is acceptable. This kind of price correction will be very
We will file and hold either on paper or in electronic format for our own purposes records by which we can prove what the final contract between us
was, and that it has been completed. These records will be held for our own purposes and will not be generally accessible.
Special items & made-to-order art works ~ shipping and payment
We publish a wide range of art prints in our own right as well as selling new original works by artists plus ranges of prints from other art publishers.
Works that we publish ourselves are usually printed on demand by the giclée (fine-art-quality inkjet) process when you place your order - this helps
us keep our prices down and quality up. We ask you to authorise payment for these when you order to cover the costs we will incur, but payment is
not usually taken by us until the goods are shipped.
Printing to order and dispatch often happen on the same day, but sometimes may take slightly longer, as follows –
* ART PAPERS: printing on art papers usually takes no more than two working days before dispatch on the third day.
* CANVAS: Canvas prints made on demand require stretching or boxing onto wooden frames after which they are given several protective coats of
varnish, all of which can add extra days. We aim to stretch and despatch within five working days, and delivery times start from then.
* FRAMED PICTURES: Pictures requiring framing will also take around three days extra.
* LIMITED EDITIONS: Limited edition prints published to order may sometimes have to wait for the artist to come and sign them, or for sending to the
artist to sign, and then back to us.
* ADVANCE PAYMENTS: We do not take payment from your card until a published or stock item is shipped, unless a deposit or advance payment is
required, which may sometimes be necessary (for instance, in the case of goods produced to your order,commissions from artists etc.).
Commissions, special orders for non-stock or expensive items, or orders requiring us to carry out significant or expensive advance work, will require
that a non-refundable deposit is paid.
* COMMISSIONS: New works made to your order by artists will need to be discussed in detail, a written brief to the artist developed and agreed with
you and the artist, and stage payment terms (including a deposit) agreed between you and us.
Guarantee – returns and refunds policy
We guarantee your satisfaction. We will refund without quibble any item sold from our website if you are unhappy with it for any reason and return it to
us in its original condition provided that –
* you have not damaged it or made it unfit for sale (we inspect all items before they are packed and aim only to ship perfect items through careful
carriers and in good packaging; should any goods already be damaged at the time they arrive with you they will be refunded).
* you can return it to us in its original condition within 30 days of the date you received the item, unopened (with any seals and shrink-wrap intact)
other than as necessary for you to inspect it,. Read our complete Returns Policy
Please note that we cannot accept returns that are delivered to us by hand
* we receive written notice from you (preferably by email) within seven days of receiving the item that you wish to return it
* you send it back to us by post or courier within seven days after the day you received it. IMPORTANT - please ask your postal service or shipping
company for an official certificate of posting or dispatch to us; if you return it personally, make sure you obtain and keep our receipt for the goods.
* Qualifying refunds will be made within a maximum 30 days and hopefully within seven days of the date when –
* The goods arrive back with us, and
* the reasons for a legitimate return are confirmed
* Please note – we will not refund shipping costs or return shipping costs of items unless the ordered goods were faulty when received by you, or
unless the goods received by you were not those you ordered from us.
Your statutory rights
* Cooling-off period
Under UK and European Union consumer protection laws, website customers enjoy a cooling-off period – you have the right to cancel a purchase
within seven days if you return the goods in their original condition.
Artists Harbour wants you to be delighted whenever you shop on our website, whether you come from Europe or anywhere else in the world.
So we extend this European consumer protection to all our customers throughout the world.
And we have voluntarily doubled the cooling-off period to 14 days during which we will take the goods back in their original condition – subject to
our returns policy (above).
* Others statutory rights
For more information about your other statutory rights, please visit the Department of Trade and Industry Consumer Gateway website